1. Use an on-street parking meter for short-term parking such as running errands or grabbing a bite to eat. These on-street meters are for parking for less than 2 hours.
2. Operating hours for all Riverfront and Northshore on-street metered spaces are Monday - Saturday, 9:30a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
3. Operating hours for all downtown on-street meters are Monday - Saturday, 8:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This means free parking at on-street meters evenings and all day on Sunday!
4. On-street parking meter rates are $1.00/hr. Most meters have a two-hour maximum limit. A few are twenty-minute meters. Rates, days of operation and time limits are posted on each meter.
5. Persons wishing to park longer than 2 hours should park in one of the convenient garages or parking lots.
6. Paying parking meters is not required on parking holidays. They are New Year's Day, M.L. King Jr.
Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
7. Park Smart! Always lock your car and take your keys with you. Secure your valuables. Your car is a target any time purses, money, laptops, cell phones or other items are visible to passersby.